Please contact us regarding submitting a blog post, advertising with us or requesting a new group.
Who we are
This website is operated by My VIP Card Ltd, a company incorporated in England with company number 11800050 and whose registered office is at 118B Cumberland House, Grosvenor Square Southampton, SO15 2BG.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the UK General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 which apply within the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products via our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us, enter competitions or purchase products or subscriptions via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address, email address and contact details including your telephone number
- date of birth
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media e.g. your reasons for using our products
- information about the products we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract for example, to fulfil an order you have made through our website
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations) e.g. for business accounting and tax purposes
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your personal information with the following third-parties:
- Riselabs Ltd: our website developers. For more information about Riselabs, please read their Privacy Notice at https://riselabs.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Stripe: payment processor. This is a necessary automated process for the purposes of processing your payment for your order. Please see Stripe’s Privacy Notice at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
We may share your personal information with any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries, as further defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party unless we have your consent to do so.
Transfer of your information out of the UK / EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Consequences of not providing your personal information
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us. However, as this information is required for us to provide our services, we will not be able to offer some, or all, of our services without it.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about our products, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form for the first time.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at using the contact details set out below
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 30 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of personal information
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary. We are required under applicable tax laws to keep your basis information (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such personal information until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to us at My VIP Rewards, 118B Cumberland House, Grosvenor Square Southampton, SO15 2BG or call 02382 18298.